Downloader and Private Browser
Download media files and browse the Web securely
Downloader and Private Browser for Android is a powerful app which allows you to download content from the Internet privately and store those files in a private, password-protected file. The app features a fully functional, multi-tabbed Internet browser, secure downloader, file protection, and it also supports offline playback of multiple different popular media types, all from within the app.
When you launch the app, you are greeted by the full-featured web browser which supports multiple tabs and gives you control of your history and cookie storage, just like Chrome or Firefox. You can use this browser to navigate to your favorite download sites and download files directly to your Android device. Sometimes even media files without download links can be downloaded using this app simply by holding down on the media until the app presents you with a download option. One downloaded, you can play back most popular media types for music, video, and documents all from within the app itself. Secure your files in a private, password-protected folder and easily protect other files on your phone, as well. Downloader and Private Browser for Android has all your bases covered no matter what your downloading needs are.
- Entirely free with some in-app purchases available.
- The fast and lightweight interface is easy to learn and use.
- Includes a full-featured, multi-tabbed browser just like Chrome or Firefox.
- Keep your files safe in a secure and password-protected folder.
- Supports offline display and playback of most popular media types, including doc, xls, pdf, txt, mov, avi, wmv, mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, and others.
- You can import other files from your phone into the app's protected folder to keep them safe, as well--not just downloads from within the app.
- Some users complain that the app has too many advertisements.
- Songs and videos from Youtube cannot be downloaded due to copyright restrictions.
- The app does not make clear what encryption standards or protocols are used to secure your files.
We crushed bugs and a brand new design so your Android experience is better than ever.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_CONFIGURATION: Allows an application to modify the current configuration, such as locale.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.